Burano è Bellissimo

I’m traveling in Mexico today to the Riviera Maya on my way to Tulum. It’s only my second international trip since 2019 due to the pandemic. I was able to get away to visit Italy in October of last year where we stopped in Verona and stayed mostly in Venice with day trips to Murano and Burano.


The island of Burano island is one of several in the Venice lagoon and part of the municipality of Venice. It’s a fishing village also famous for its lace artisans. The colors of the houses that line the canals make the island unique and bring day trip visitors to its shores by public vaporetto from Venice.


We came for the pretty vistas and a fresh fish lunch and stayed for a few hours. We arrived on the perfect blue sky day and were treated to a visual feast of color as we meandered around this small island. The facades look straight out of a storybook with colors so vivid is as if the town lived inside a coloring book.



 





 


 









 


That last one is my favorite, I can see it in a frame! I’ll add it to the print shop when I return from my trip.



Has anyone else visited the island of Burano? Were you as charmed as me?